130/366

May 9, 2012
130_366
In winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candle-light.
In summer quite the other way
I have to go to bed by day.

~Robert Louis Stevenson

I snapped this photo at around 9:30 in the evening as I walked home from book club.  The beginning of  "L'heure Bleu."

(We read Life of Pi this month. I'd read it before and didn't have time to read it again, but I really enjoyed that book.)

I'm still always amazed by the long days up here in the far north. It helps to be on the far western side of our time zone, as well, but by June we will have light until nearly 11pm.

And while I'm not sure I'll ever get used to it, I absolutely LOVE it. It definitely beats the winter days where being in the north is a liability and it's dark by 4:30 and the sun doesn't come up until the kids have been at school for more than an hour.

Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I don't think so. Bring on summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment