93/366

April 2, 2012
93/366
Say what you want about long dresses, but they cover a multitude of shins.
~Mae West


Today I finally got around to finding a dress for my next performance. I procrastinated this so long, that it's only two weeks before and I was really hoping I'd find something appropriate!

There was nothing that worked at consignment, the bridal shop in the mall went out of business, and I was just about to give up when I remembered a little shop that sold vintage dresses.

The girls were with me since it is Spring Break and we all had fun looking for something that might work for a cantata about World War II, and that also fit over my generous hips. The lady helping us was not sure she liked the fact that I insisted on a floor length gown, but maybe she's never dealt with a classical singer before? It is a thing with us.

Perhaps the coolest thing about the shop is that the red velvet couch that my girls sat on while I tried on dresses once belonged to Mae West! The owner's mother picked it up in an estate sale when she died back in the 80's, and now it sits in her dress shop. Pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment