28/366

January 28, 2012
28/366
The problem with winter sports is that - follow me closely here - they generally take place in winter.
~Dave Barry

Heikinpäivä today. That's a Finnish mid-winter festival, I think. Perhaps my Finnish friends can help me out. All I know is that I live in the heart of Finnish-America, and we celebrate it complete with wife-carrying contests, parades, Tori (market), a Polar Bear plunge (brrrr!), reindeer, sleds, and lots of snow.

Bria had to play her violin as part of the festivities, or I may not have bothered going. But I'm glad I did, because we had a lot of fun, despite the BLIZZARD and the COLD. In this picture, the girls are using a Finnish sled contraption, the name of which I do not know, where one lucky person gets to sit in the sled, and the other, not-so-lucky people get to run around in circles pushing the sled around. Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment