25/366

January 25, 2012
25/366
Little darling, it's been a long, cold, lonely winter.  Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here. Here comes the sun, and I say, It's all right.
~The Beatles
 
Today, the sun came out.  For me, it was a gift direct from God with a note attached that said, "The winter will end, and it's all right."  

It's been a hard week for me.  I have S.A.D., and even with my Vitamin D and my happy light, January is tough.  And as far north as I live, it's harder here than it was in Utah.  Interestingly, in Arizona, I suffered from S.A.D. during the summer.  Because you can't really go outside in the summer and being caged indoors really exacerbates the whole thing.

But enough about that.  The sun came out today!  And even though I only left the house in my slippers to catch a quick photo of the beautiful blue sky, it was still pretty cold.  Sun with teeth, as the Romanians say.  So I scurried back into the cave for a bit more hibernation...just next to the window so I could bask in the light like a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment